Here’s a short update of some interesting package updates in Mandriva Cooker since the last update:
- GNOME 2.27.1 entered cooker: Epiphany is now using Webkitgtk instead of Gecko as its back-end. In Totem support for libxine was dropped (only GStreamer is supported now) and Totem now includes a new BBC iPlayer plug-in and a faster Youtube plug-in (use Edit – Plug-ins to activate these) and it supports DVD navigation menus.
- KDE is now at version 4.3 beta 1, Amarok has been updated to version 2.1 beta 2 and there is now a snapshot of the KDE 4 port of Konverstation available.
- Speedcrunch, an advanced calculator, is now available in Mandriva’s software repositories.
- OpenOffice.org has been updated to 3.1.0 RC 1. Improvements include on screen anti-aliasing, various usability improvements in Calc and better support for importing MS Office 2007 (OpenXML-like) documents.
- Back In time, a simple GUI back-up application, has been added to the Mandriva repositories.
- PHP 5.3 RC 2: new features for PHP developers includes namespaces, lambda functions and closures, late static binding and performance improvements.
And of course there were many other changes, totalling to more than 900 package updates. To see the full list, consult the changelog mailing list archives.